Things to do
At the show this year, we are asking our vendors to take inspiration from the word SUNNY and create something dazzling and beautiful to usher us into the new season!
Makers will submit a One Of A Kind piece in their medium on the theme which will be displayed in a fun showcase onsite to greet you and give you a taste of the talent they are about to experience!
Stop by the centre aisle display and check out these pieces. See something you like? Be sure to jot down the booth number and pay the artisan a visit!
Featuring apparel and accessories from our artisans, the One Of A Kind Fashion Shows highlight what’s fresh and exciting in Canadian design. New this year, watch for tips on putting together a capsule wardrobe, and learn to remix new and existing pieces so you can master the art of sustainable dressing.
Fashion Shows will take place every day during the Show at the main stage (located at the north end of the centre aisle). Please see below for full schedule.
- Wednesday, March 29 (12:00pm, 3:00pm , 6:00pm)
- Thursday, March 30 (12:00pm* , 3:00pm , 8:00pm )
- Friday, March 31 (12:00pm*,1:30pm , 3:00pm )
- Saturday, April 1 (12:00pm*, 3:00pm , 6:00 pm)
- Sunday, April 2 (12:00pm, 3:00pm)
* Capsule Collection showcase presented by ReSuit
Subject to change without notice. Thank you for your understanding.
Main Stage Presentations
We’ve rounded up some of our favourite experts to share with you what they love at One Of A Kind. From foodie favourites to colourful creations, awaken your senses and get inspired by the best in Canadian craft!
- Wednesday, March 29 (1:30 pm Andrea Buckett)
- Join Food Expert and Recipe Developer, Andrea to learn how to host the perfect Easter brunch with some of her favourite finds from the show.
- Thursday, March 30 (1:30pm Designlines)
- Designlines Editor-In-Chief, Catherine MacIntosh and Web Editor Joseph Cicerone reveal their favourite pieces at the Spring Show.
- Saturday, April 1 (1:30pm Tiffany Pratt)
- Come on a rainbow-hued journey as Tiffany Pratt talks about the power of adding colourful handmade elements to your home and life. Living a kaleidoscopic life can range from subtle to maximalist. Any way you look at it, colour has the power to lift you up and make you see the world around you in new ways. So come, get inspired, meet Tiffany and see some of her favourite picks from the Show.
- Sunday, April 2 (1:30pm Colin Asuncion)
- Colin Asuncion from The Great Canadian Baking Show will share his favourite foodie picks from this year’s One Of A Kind Spring Show. From tasty treats to chic tableware, Colin will showcase some of the most exciting items at the Show and Inspire you to incorporate them into your Spring baking, cooking, and entertaining.
Let your creativity shine with free and fun craft classes at One Of A Kind! Open to everyone over the age of 8. No sign up necessary. Classes will be available on a first come, first served basis.
Special Workshops at Craft Corner
- Wednesday, March 29, 4pm & Saturday, April 1, 4pm
- Family-friendly art making workshops with VIBE Artists at 4pm on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Friday, March 31, 6pm
- Visible Mending Workshop with Arounna Khounnoraj of Bookhou
In the movement against throw-away culture and fast fashion, learn how to pick up a needle and rediscover the forgotten techniques and joy of mending.
*Sign up will open one hour prior to the start of the workshop (6pm on Friday, March 31, 2023) at the Craft Corner (located at the South end of aisle L).
*Open to everyone over the age of 16 years old.
- Visible Mending Workshop with Arounna Khounnoraj of Bookhou
Late Night Shopping
Calling all night owls! On Thursday Mar 30, the One Of A Kind Show will open late until 10pm! Check out the special perks available on Late Night.
From 5pm onward: Free parking (Lots 851, 852, & 853 + garage); Door crasher prizes at every hour from 6 to 9 pm (for your chance to win One Of A Kind Show Dollars to spend at the Show) , DJ sets.
Become a Booth Sitter!
As the One Of A Kind Show approaches, our artisans are often looking for a little extra help throughout the hours of the show—whether its booth sitting, sales assistance, or an extra set of hands during move-in/move-out. So, we created our Booth Sitters program to connect them with friendly, energetic One Of A Kind enthusiasts who want to help out. If you are looking for rewarding short-term work that supports small businesses, introduces you to new people and gives you a peek into the craft show experience, then we want to hear from you!
Just fill out this quick form here and we will add you to our Booth Sitters List, so that interested artisans can contact you for help at the show. It will be up to you to negotiate wages, availability, etc, so it’s a good to have an idea of what you expect there.
Must See at Spring Show
Marketplace, powered by the Nooks
This year, alongside The Nooks, we’ll be hosting 40+ talented, emerging makers in this bustling tabletop marketplace, giving them the opportunity to exhibit at the best attended, most popular show of its kind in North America! Love handmade? Click here to discover how you can earn money by sharing that love.
Let's Make Lounge, Powered by Cricut
Located in the centre aisle (booth G-22), stop by the Let's Make Lounge to see these crafting tools in action. From Fridays to Sundays, guests will have the opportunity to lead more creative lives through their fun and inclusive DIY projects, powered by Cricut. No sign-ups necessary, projects will be available on a first come, first served basis.
Flavours Section, powered by Maple Lodge Farms
Stop by this popular section to indulge in high quality and delicious goodies from coast to coast. Be sure to visit the Maple Lodge Farms at the top of row C to sample their new line of ULTIMATE Chicken Sausages & Chicken Sticks that are gluten free and made from simple, real ingredients! Enter here for your chance to win a premium prize pack before the show!
New In Business Section, Powered by Vista
Together with Vista, One Of A Kind is delighted to welcome eight new small businesses to debut in this section. The featured makers in this section have all been in business for three years or less. Be sure to stop by this section to show your support to these new makers.
The Florida Orange Juice Lounge
Looking to take a shopping break at One Of A Kind? Stop by the Florida Orange Juice Lounge to recharge and enjoy a delicious sample of The Original Wellness Drink! While you are there, be sure to check out the citrus inspired colouring wall.
HelloFresh Canada is back! So get ready to save time, eat well, and enjoy cooking. Be sure to stop by booth where they will be sharing exclusive offers and onsite promotions. Don't forget to enter the HelloFresh contest for your chance to win a HelloFresh Prize Pack!
In partnership with the SODEC and Bureau du Québec à Toronto, we are welcoming 12 new and amazingly talented artisans from the province of Québec to the Ontario market.
Small Biz (Presented by Williams Parkway Sr. Public School)
Introducing the students of Williams Parkway Sr Public School, International Business and Technology program! These 13 businesses are run by Grade 8 students who create, market, and sell their unique, handmade items. Show your support for these aspiring entrepreneurs at booth Q-34.