What is One Of A Kind?
One Of A Kind is a platform for sales, exposure, business development and community-building for makers of all kinds. With our year-round digital platforms, and anchored by our two flagship events, we help creative small businesses chart their own path to success! One Of A Kind allows artists and makers to represent themselves and showcase their work to a loyal audience who appreciates the importance of supporting local and shopping small.
We put on two in-person events each year at the Enercare Centre in Toronto:
- The Winter Event takes place over 11 days each November – December. (Core Theme: holiday gift giving including an exclusive Original Art Gallery section)
- The Spring Show sees artisans gather for 5 days early each March - April. (Core Themes: self growth and self care)
Now accepting 2023 Winter Show applications
The 2023 Winter Show applications are LIVE. If you are wondering whether you should apply, think no more. One Of A Kind offers a perfect platform to showcase your creations to a large community of shoppers who appreciate beautifully made objects by Canadian artisans.
Why should you apply to One Of A Kind?
For more than 40 years, One Of A Kind has been THE platform for Canadian artisans to build their business. As trends in technology and commerce change the face of craft, we remain the best place for makers and creative small businesses to build their brand!
The Biggest Game In Town
We are the largest consumer craft show in North America, with a loyal fan base of qualified shoppers.
We've Got History
Over our four decades, we’ve shaped the legacy of Canadian craft, fostering generations of conscious consumers and helping artisans graduate from fledgling to big time.
So Much More Than Sales
Build your creative community, connect with buyers and small business experts, gain valuable market research, get access to special offers and opportunities and more!
The Fun Never Ends
We are a multi-channel platform (and support system) that connects you with loyal customers, marketing opportunities and PR exposure year-round.
Who is the One Of A Kind Customer?
Our customers appreciate handmade, shopping local and meeting makers, like you!
Identified As Female
Average Household Income
Average Spent At Show
Between 26-55 Years Of Age
From Outside of GTA
Of Visitors Make At Least One Purchase
Are Regular Attendees
Very Satisfied With the Quality & Diversity of One Of A Kind
Consider Themselves As Huge Fans of One Of A Kind
Followers on Instagram & Facebook
NPS which puts OOAK at the top 2% of Explori's all-time B2C event benchmark"
2023 One Of A Kind Winter Show
We Hope to See You There
November 23 - December 3, 2023
One Of A Kind is a platform for sales, exposure, business development and community-building for makers of all kinds. With our year-round digital platforms, and anchored by our two flagship events, we help creative small businesses chart their own path to success!
Below, we've outlined the basics to help you craft your One Of A Kind business plan for the Winter Show--including application guidelines, exhibitor resources and pricing guidelines. It is up to you what you make of the OOAK experience, so we encourage you to read through each tab below. After that, if you have any questions, we'd be happy to help!
Application Deadline: April 24, 2023
WINTER SHOW DATES +INFO
2023 One Of A Kind WINTER SHOW
NOVEMBER 23 to DECEMBER 3, 2023
ENERCARE CENTRE, EXHIBITION PLACE
5 Day Section: November 23 - November 27, 2023
6 Day Section: November 28 - December 3, 2023
WEEKDAYS + SATURDAYS: 10AM-9PM
LATE NIGHT: Thursday, November 30: 10AM - 11PM
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- A booth space to show and sell your work.
- Exhibitor badges for you and your staff.
- Complimentary tickets, discount codes and incentives to encourage your fans and followers to shop the show.
- A dedicated digital profile on the One Of A Kind website, with links to your website and social channels.
- Pre-show resources including an exhibitor Facebook Group, newsletters, a digital Exhibitor Kit and more.
- Exposure to our loyal, qualified shoppers and craft enthusiasts, plus opportunities for market research and customer insights.
- PR opportunities, when applicable, prior to and during the event
- Year-round media opportunities (featured emails, social posts, online/offline contests) to build and nurture your marketing funnels
- Show your work among top-quality makers who share your belief in creativity and small-batch production
- Expand your community—learn from show mentors and small business pros, connect with fellow makers to swap tips and create opportunities for collaborations, and so much more!
WHAT TO EXPECT THIS YEAR
As we continue to navigate and scale the return of our events, we always aim to maintain the signature One Of A Kind experience. We are always adding to our programming throughout the year. We are excited to announce the return of our Theme Competition and Main Stage at this year's Winter Show!
SPECIAL SECTIONS AT WINTER
If your kitchen is your studio, then the Flavours section is for you! In this popular neighbourhood, customers find all of their favourite consumables like baked goods, jams, marinades, cocktail mixes and sweets.
- Open to applicants who make food or drink products,
- Only available for the full 11-day duration of the show.
- Food must be packaged for take-home consumption, ie. not sold or packaged in a way that encourages immediate consumption.
- Exhibitors from out of province who will be selling meat, dairy or fish will be required to submit their Safe Food for Canadians licence.
ORIGINAL ART GALLERY
This fantastic fine art space is the place to showcase your original art. Acrylics, oils, watercolours, hand-pulled prints, and sculptures attract collectors and gallery owners. If you are a visual artist, this is the place for you!
- Open to those applying for the Original Art category.
- Only available for the full 11-day duration of the show.
- Artists participating in this section must have Gallery-style hard walls. You may bring your own or rent them through our show decorator.
5/6 DAYS SECTIONS
Ideal for artisans who are not ready to take on the full 11-day show—due to production limitations, travel expenses or first-time participation—this section allows you to participate in the first 5 or last 6 days of the show.
- As this is a separate section of the floorplan, exhibitors from any category are welcome, but cannot be a part of another section (ie. Flavours, Rising Stars).
This open concept section highlights new craft stars on the rise, allowing them to request space by the square foot and show their work with a freestanding booth structure.
See Booth Sizing and Pricing for more information.
Nancy Martini Art
I'm Nancy Martini and I'm a fine artist. My work is bright, and colourful and full of texture. And none of that shows well online no matter how good the photo is. The One of a Kind Show was the venue that got my art in to people's homes. I did a happy dance (literally) every time someone decided they wanted to purchase. My neighboring booth exhibitors all created a little family with me, and we still connect with one another now. I can see myself exhibiting for the next 20 years at OOAK.