Health and Safety
Last Updated: September 22, 2021
On September 1, the province of Ontario announced it will implement proof of vaccination requirements for certain businesses and settings. According to the province, this temporary mandate includes convention centres, and it will become effective as of September 22, 2021.
One Of A Kind will abide by all Public Health legislation to keep people safe. For this reason, we will require proof of vaccination for everyone visiting, participating and working at the upcoming 2021 One Of A Kind Winter Show set to take place November 25 to December 5 at the Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place.
What does this mean for the One Of A Kind Community?
At this time, all attendees, exhibitors, staff, sponsors, partners and vendors will be required to show proof of vaccination in order to take part at the 2021 One Of A Kind Winter Show.
During this year’s event, everyone aged 12 and older will need to be fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by Health Canada against COVID-19 in order to attend, exhibit and work at the One Of A Kind Show. Individuals will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination (digital or printed version) along with a government-issued ID to access Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place.
In More Details:
- People are considered fully vaccinated after receiving the full series of a COVID 19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, one dose of a single-dose vaccine series or three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not approved by Health Canada).
- Individuals who cannot receive the vaccine due to medical exemptions will be permitted entry with both ID and written documentation from a doctor or nurse stating they are exempt for a medical reason from COVID-19 vaccination and the effective time period for the medical reason.
- Children who are 11 years of age and younger and unable to be vaccinated will also be exempted from providing proof of vaccination status
- Unvaccinated individuals who are not 11 years of age and younger, or who do not fit the requirements of one of the few medical exemptions will be unable to enter the One Of A Kind Show
Full details regarding the proof of vaccination process will be released closer to the event. For more information about Ontario’s vaccination certificate program, please click here.
In addition to proof of vaccination, One Of A Kind will be implementing the following health and safety protocols at this year’s event.
- Mandatory Face Covering: An approved mask is required to be worn covering the nose, mouth and chin at all times except while eating and drinking in designated areas. Masks should fit snugly against the face without gaps. Masks should be made of at least two layers of tightly-woven fabric (such as cotton or linen), and, if possible, a middle “filter” layer. A three-layer mask can provide added protection. Neck gaiters, bandanas, masks with exhaust valves and face shields without masks are not permitted. This applies to all people ages 2 and above.
- Contactless Ticketing: All tickets will be provided digitally. No tickets will be sold at the door, and we encourage everyone to pre-purchase tickets at oneofakindshow.com prior to attending the event. Upon entry, simply present your tickets on your mobile device. Alternatively, you may print out your digital ticket and present this at the door for scanning. There will be NO re-admission or re-entry passes at this year’s event.
- Timed Tickets & Reduced Capacity: To avoid congestion and to encourage physical distancing, we will implement timed ticket entry for our visitors this year. Each time slot will ensure we are adhering to capacity limits based on government guidelines. Please note that while timed tickets will guarantee entry into the show, but there may be additional wait times. We ask everyone to please arrive within 15 minutes of the start of your designated time slot so that we can best manage visitor flow.
- Contact Tracing: For contact tracing purposes, the ticket purchaser will be considered the primary contact for any guests and will be expected to have contact info for each member of their party. Please note where necessary, One Of A Kind Show may provide ticketholder and exhibitor contact details including name, email, and phone number to Toronto Public Health to support contact tracing if it is relevant to an incident of COVID-19 exposure on a particular day. Otherwise, One Of A Kind Show will retain this personal information for 30 days and then destroy it.
- Self-Assessment Declarations: We will ask all visitors to complete a COVID-19 customer screening declaration prior to entering the event.
- Enhanced Sanitization: One Of A Kind will undertake enhanced, deep cleaning before, during and after our events, working with venue partners to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness. This includes continuous sanitization throughout the course of the event, with a focus on high-touch areas such as door handles, restrooms and food and beverage areas. We will also provide additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the event space, encouraging all participants to practice good hand hygiene. In addition to this, our venue Enercare Centre was the first building in Canada to achieve the world standard GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation in 2020 from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council for infection control, sanitation and virus mitigation.
- Minimum Physical Contact: We get it, we all want to high-five our favourite makers as we are so excited to finally see them in person. At this year’s event, please consider a contact-free approach to greet your favourite One Of A Kind exhibitors. The exchange of printed materials, such as business cards and sales brochures, will also be discouraged. Consider scanning QR code to follow your favourite vendor on Instagram or to sign up to their email list.
- Building Ventilation: Dedicated Enercare Centre building operations staff will continually monitor air flow, building temperature, humidity levels and proper filtration is being provided in the exhibit hall and public spaces.
- Flavours Sampling: In order to prevent congestion, there will be no food and beverage sampling at the Flavours’ section at this year’s event. All items sold at the Flavours’ section will be packaged for home consumption.
- Special Programming: In order to prevent congestion, late-night shopping will be paused this year. We will also not be hosting any programming like fashion shows, or workshops onsite at our event this year.
Please note that all restrictions and requirements are subject to change. Please refer to our website often for current guidelines.
Informa and One Of A Kind care strongly about our network of exhibitors and community of customers. It is our top priority to ensure our shows will be organized in accordance with official government and local authority guidance, as well as any venue or location-specific regulations. All visitors, exhibitors, partners and staff will receive a full and detailed safety plan at least 30 days before the show.
Informa has collaborated with association partners and relevant authorities to develop industry wide AllSecure standards that will raise the bar on safety, hygiene, and high-quality event experiences. Our events will follow The Ten Informa AllSecure Priority Commitments and when applicable and possible, the fuller range of standards and guidelines described in the Informa AllSecure Guidebook.
In addition, the Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place (One Of A Kind’s host venue) was the first Canadian venue to receive the GBAC StarTM Facility Accreditation. This means there is a comprehensive program onsite to keep the facility clean, disinfected, and safer for all attendees, exhibitors, employees, and visitors.