One Of A Kind is looking forward to welcoming our exhibitors, visitors, sponsors and partners to our 2021 Winter Show. The upcoming event will be our first in-person event in almost two years, and we cannot wait to see you from November 25 to December 5 at Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place.
We want to first take this opportunity to thank you for your kindness, grace, and patience. All of you have taken a leap of faith by rebooking to participate at this year’s event. We would never be able to have a Show without your commitment. Your unwavering support has encouraged all of us to push forward, think outside the box, and get creative so that we can host an event that is not only safe but also meaningful for everyone involved.
We are now able to provide further information on what our Show will look like and would like to take this opportunity to do so.
Currently, Ontario remains in Stage 3 of our reopening plan. What this means is that One Of A Kind will be able to run an in-person event with restrictions to mitigate risk. From the start, our strategy is to not only follow health and safety practices but to also make sure we are creating a positive customer experience at our comeback event.
So, how will One Of A Kind be different this year?
For our visitors and vendors, your experience at this year’s event will be like no other, because COVID-19 has drastically shifted how we live, work and play. We are having to reimagine our show to keep our community safe while preserving what we all love most about One Of A Kind. Changes you can expect to see this year include:
- Hosting a much smaller event. We will have around 400 exhibitors and we anticipate being able to accommodate up to 35, 000 visitors throughout the 11 days.
- Using a timed ticket system. We are currently looking at 2.5 to 3 hours shopping time slots. Once we have finalized the logistics, we will share further updates. This will allow us to adhere to the 1000 visitor capacity limit (per timeslot) as outlined in Ontario’s Stage 3 reopening plan for indoor events; this will also encourage physical distancing on the show floor.
- Flavours Sampling: To prevent congestion and the visitors having to remove their masks, there will be no food and beverage sampling at the Flavours section at this year’s event. All items sold at the Flavours section will be packaged for home consumption.
- Late Night Shopping: To prevent congestions, we will pause Late Night Shopping for this year’s event.
- No programming: This means there will be no main stage, workshops, competition, or fashion shows so the focus can solely be on shopping with exhibitors.
- Continuing to follow the latest guidelines from the government. If capacity limits are lifted by the time our show takes place, One Of A Kind will make the appropriate adjustments to reflect this change, allowing more attendees to visit the Show. We understand that this may potentially impact your production for the Show this year. We will make sure this information is communicated as soon as possible. We also recommend that you take orders at the Show should you run out of stock.
We will also be posting a complete COVID safety plan on our website at least 30 days before the Show. For now, here are the health and safety protocols we have in place for this year’s event for everyone involved in the Show:
- Proof of Vaccination: One Of A Kind will require proof of vaccination for all visitors, exhibitors, sponsors, staff and contractors at the upcoming 2021 One Of A Kind Winter Show. In short, what this means is that everyone aged 12 and older will need to be fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by Health Canada against COVID-19 to attend and participate at One Of A Kind and must show proof of vaccination at their time of entry. Individuals will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days; November 8 is the last day to get the 2nd dose to make the first day of move-in on Monday, November 22) and provide their proof of vaccination (digital or printed version) along with government-issued ID to access the event venue. Individuals who cannot receive the vaccine due to medical exemptions (details here) will be permitted entry with a doctor’s note and government issued ID. Children who are 11 years of age and younger and unable to be vaccinated will also be exempted from providing proof of vaccination status.
- Mandatory Face Covering: An approved mask is required to be worn covering the nose, mouth, and chin at all times except while eating and drinking in designated areas. Masks should fit snugly against the face without gaps. Masks should be made of at least two layers of tightly woven fabric (such as cotton or linen), and, if possible, a middle “filter” layer. A three-layer mask can provide added protection. Neck gaiters, bandanas, masks with exhaust valves and face shields without masks are not permitted. This applies to all people ages 2 and above.
- Contactless Ticketing: All tickets will be provided digitally. No tickets will be sold at the door, and we encourage everyone to pre-purchase tickets at oneofakindshow.com prior to attending the event. As an exhibitor, you will have access to a digital portal to assign your e-comp tickets to your customers. There will be NO re-admission or re-entry passes at this year’s event. While contactless payment is not mandatory, we recommend our vendors to have cashless/touchless payment available while continuing to accept cash.
- Contact Tracing: For contact tracing purposes, the ticket purchaser will be considered the primary contact for any guests and will be expected to have contact info for each member of their party. All exhibitors will also need to provide their personal contact information, as well as their staff’s using the digital portal. Please note where necessary, One Of A Kind Show may provide ticketholder and exhibitor contact details including name, email, and phone number to Toronto Public Health to support contact tracing if it is relevant to an incident of COVID-19 exposure on a particular day.
- Self-Assessment Declarations: We will ask all individuals entering the Show to complete a COVID-19 customer screening declaration before entering the event.
- Enhanced Sanitization: One Of A Kind will undertake enhanced, deep cleaning before, during and after our events, working with venue partners to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness. This includes continuous sanitization throughout the event, with a focus on high-touch areas such as door handles, restrooms and food and beverage areas. We will also provide additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the event space, encouraging all participants to practice good hand hygiene.
- In addition to this, our venue Enercare Centre was the first building in Canada to achieve the world standard GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation in 2020 from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council for infection control, sanitation, and virus mitigation.
- Minimum Physical Contact: We get it, we all want to high-five and hug one another since it’s been so long we have met in person. At this year’s event, please consider a contact-free approach to greet your show buddies. The exchange of printed materials, such as business cards and sales brochures, will also be discouraged. Consider using QR codes in your booth to encourage your visitors to follow you on Instagram or to sign up to their email list. You can easily generate QR codes using the Chrome browser. Click here for more information. Instagram also has a built-in feature to generate a QR code to link to your profile directly.
- Building Ventilation: Dedicated Enercare Centre building operations staff will continually monitor air-flow, building temperature, humidity levels and proper filtration is being provided in the exhibit hall and public spaces.
Please note that all restrictions and requirements are subject to change. Please refer to our website often for current guidelines.
Our Audience Agrees
Early this summer, we surveyed our loyal visitors and the two key factors shaping their decisions to return to in-person events are proof of vaccination and crowd control. We are confident that our health and safety protocols will meet their expectations, instilling consumer confidence to join us to shop in person this fall. Here are a few other relevant learnings from our survey:
- 96% of our visitors believe it is important for them to support small businesses
- 96% miss attending an in-person like One Of A Kind, they miss shopping in person and getting to know the artisans at the event
- 89% are willing to show proof of vaccination to attend an event
- 88% would still like to attend the show if there are fewer exhibitors due to COVID-restrictions
- 88% would still like to attend the show if we cannot have food sampling due to COVID-restrictions
- 82% would still like to attend the show if we need to implement a timed ticket system
- 73% believe crowd control is an important factor to increase their likelihood to attend an event
What If Things Get Worse?
If the past 18 months have taught us anything is that things can change very quickly and that our plans must remain flexible. We cannot see the future; however, we are hopeful that the province’s last-mile strategy will help boost vaccination rate and prevent another lockdown. Currently, we do not have any plans to cancel the Winter Show. However, we will continue to monitor the situation and provide any updates should official government and local authority guidance change. As always, our Book with Confidence policy will apply should the show need to be cancelled.
We know this is a lot of information to take in. We intend to be as clear as possible so that you know what you can expect and how you can best prepare for the upcoming event. These are circumstances we have not had to contend with in our 45+ year history, but we believe we can all move forward together. We are excited to take this measured but critical step so that all of us can safely get together again to rebuild our One Of A Kind community.
The One Of A Kind Show Team
Service Order Forms
October 29, 2021
(links coming soon)
Storage Order Form
Flavours Only - Toronto Public Health Form
Flavours Only - Spectra Food Sales Agreement
November 1, 2021
Health & Safety Declaration *MANDATORY*