We cannot wait to see you at the upcoming 2021 One Of A Kind Winter Show.
One Of A Kind will be following the advice of public health authorities and making every effort to help ensure your time at One Of A Kind is enjoyable, fun, and, above all, safe. We kindly ask all of you to keep One Of A Kind a safe place for all exhibitors, visitors, staff and partners. Please review the information below carefully, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
Please note that all restrictions and requirements are subject to change at any time to best protect the health and safety of all of its audiences in accordance with government guidelines and legal allowances. Please refer to our website often for current guidelines.
*Last Updated: September 27, 2021*
Our Health & Safety Protocols
Proof of Vaccination: The province of Ontario requires proof of vaccination for entry into our event venue, Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place for all guests over 12 years of age.
One Of A Kind will also be implementing this mandate for all exhibitors, staff, sponsors and partners.
During this year’s event, everyone aged 12 and older will need to be fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by Health Canada against COVID-19 in order to attend, exhibit and work at the One Of A Kind Show. Individuals will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination (digital or printed version) along with a government-issued ID to access Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place.
In More Details:
- People are considered fully vaccinated after receiving the full series of a COVID 19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, one dose of a single-dose vaccine series or three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not approved by Health Canada).
- Individuals who cannot receive the vaccine due to medical exemptions will be permitted entry with ID, written documentation from a doctor or nurse stating they are exempt for a medical reason from COVID-19 vaccination and the effective time period for the medical reason, along with a negative COVID-19 rapid antigen or PCR test from a healthcare provider taken within 48 hours of their attendance. Self-administered at-home tests will not be accepted.
- Children who are 11 years of age and younger and unable to be vaccinated will be exempted from providing proof of vaccination status.
- Accommodation requests based on other protected grounds outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code will also be reviewed and assessed in accordance with the law.
Full details regarding the proof of vaccination process will be released closer to the event. For more information about Ontario’s vaccination certificate program, please click here. If you are looking to access your proof of vaccination, or want to book your vaccine appointment, please visit the Ontario website here.
In addition to proof of vaccination, One Of A Kind will be implementing the following health and safety protocols at this year’s event:
Mandatory Face Covering: An approved mask is required to be worn covering the nose, mouth and chin at all times except while eating and drinking in designated areas. Masks should fit snugly against the face without gaps. Masks should be made of at least two layers of tightly-woven fabric (such as cotton or linen), and, if possible, a middle “filter” layer. A three-layer mask can provide added protection. Neck gaiters, bandanas, masks with exhaust valves and face shields without masks are not permitted. This applies to all people ages 2 and above.
Contactless Ticketing: All tickets will be provided digitally. No tickets will be sold at the door, and we encourage everyone to pre-purchase tickets at oneofakindshow.com prior to attending the event. Upon entry, simply present your tickets on your mobile device. Alternatively, you may print out your digital ticket and present this at the door for scanning. Exhibitors will have access to a digital portal to assign digital e-tickets to their customers. There will be NO re-admission or re-entry passes at this year’s event.
Timed Tickets & Reduced Capacity: To avoid congestion and to encourage physical distancing, we will implement timed ticket entry for our visitors this year. Each time slot will ensure we are adhering to capacity limits based on government guidelines. Please note that while timed tickets will guarantee entry into the show, but there may be additional wait times.
Contact Tracing: For contact tracing purposes, the ticket purchaser will be considered the primary contact for any guests and will be expected to have contact info for each member of their party. Exhibitors will have access to a digital portal to provide all relevant contact information for themselves and their staff. Please note where necessary, One Of A Kind Show may provide ticketholder and exhibitor contact details including name, email, and phone number to Toronto Public Health to support contact tracing if it is relevant to an incident of COVID-19 exposure on a particular day. Otherwise, One Of A Kind Show will retain this personal information for 30 days and then destroy it.
Self-Assessment Declarations: We will ask everyone to complete a COVID-19 customer screening declaration prior to entering the event.
Enhanced Sanitization: One Of A Kind will undertake enhanced, deep cleaning before, during and after our events, working with venue partners to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness. This includes continuous sanitization throughout the course of the event, with a focus on high-touch areas such as door handles, restrooms and food and beverage areas. We will also provide additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the event space, encouraging all participants to practice good hand hygiene. In addition to this, our venue Enercare Centre was the first building in Canada to achieve the world standard GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation in 2020 from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council for infection control, sanitation, and virus mitigation.
Minimum Physical Contact: Please consider a contact-free approach to greet your favourite One Of A Kind exhibitors and One Of A Kind visitors. The exchange of printed materials, such as business cards and sales brochures, will also be discouraged. Consider scanning QR code to follow your favourite vendor on Instagram or to sign up to their email list.
Building Ventilation: Dedicated Enercare Centre building operations staff will continually monitor air flow, building temperature, humidity levels and proper filtration is being provided in the exhibit hall and public spaces.
Flavours Sampling: In order to prevent congestion, there will be no food and beverage sampling at the Flavours’ section at this year’s event. All items sold at the Flavours’ section will be packaged for home consumption.
Special Programming: In order to prevent congestion, late-night shopping will be paused this year. We will also not be hosting any programming like fashion shows, or workshops onsite at our event this year.
One Of A Kind Health & Safety Acknowledgement
Please note that while One Of A Kind continues to adhere to health and safety guidelines to keep you safe, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By being in public spaces like the One Of A Kind Show, you voluntarily assume the risks related to exposure and agree that you will assume all responsibilities for any risk of bodily harm, disease, or loss of property sustained while attending this event and waives all right to lay claim for a refund or damages resulting from any cause whatsoever either before, during or after the event.
By entering the event, you also acknowledge, understand, and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- You and/or any Minor for which you serve as a Guardian will abide by all health-and-safety requirements outlined by One Of A Kind above
- You and/or any Minor for which you serve as a Guardian are not currently experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, as identified by the government of Ontario such as:
- Fever (temperature of 37.8°C/100.0°F or greater) and/or chills
- Cough (new or worsening)
- Shortness of breath
- Decrease or loss of taste or smell
- For children (<18 years old): nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea
- For adults (>18 years old): fatigue, lethargy, malaise and/or myalgias
- Prior to attending One Of A Kind, you and/or any Minor for which you serve as a Guardian are not under any self-quarantine orders.
- If you are 12 years of age or older, you are fully vaccinated, meaning at the time you are attending the event it has been at least fourteen (14) days since:
- your second dose in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series authorized by the Health Canada, such as the Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca vaccines, or
- your single dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine authorized by the Health Canada, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine; or
- your three does of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada
- All FULLY VACCINATED attendees MUST provide each of the following to Management prior to entry into the Event:
- a government-issued ID with your full name and date of birth (this must match information on your proof of vaccination)
- Acceptable government-issued ID includes:
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship card
- Driver's license
- Government-issued ID card (Ontario issued or other), including health card
- Indian status card/indigenous membership card
- Permanent resident card
- proof of vaccination (whether a physical copy or on a smartphone)
- a completed Covid-19 health screening questionnaire
- For purposes of this acknowledgement, a “Minor” means any individual who is under eighteen (18) years of age or has not reached the age of majority as defined by such individual’s jurisdiction of residence, and a “Guardian” means such Minor’s parent or legal guardian or other individual attending One Of A Kind who is over the age of eighteen (18) and acting in loco parentis for such Minor.
- Please do not enter One Of A Kind or Enercare Centre if you cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during your time at One Of A Kind you do not meet all of the above criteria, you will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave Enercare Centre at the sole discretion of Management.
The following features and services will be UNAVAILABLE at this year's event. Thank you for your understanding.
- Parcel Check will be temporarily closed
- Daycare will be temporarily closed
- ClubLounge will be temporarily closed
- No programming, such as Fashion Shows, Main Stage Seminars
- No sampling at the Flavours section
- No Late Night Shopping at this year's event