Welcome to the New In Business Section Powered by Vista
Welcome to the New In Business Section Powered by Vista!
We're so excited to have you in this incredible new tabletop section! We hope this will help you build a strong foundation that will set you up for a long and successful One Of A Kind career, so let's get down to the logistics that will help you make the most of your first One Of A Kind Show experience.
Building a well-merchandised table display is key to distinguishing your brand and products in this new section. When creating your display, it is important to remember that it must remain on the top of the table surface. You will not have room behind or in front of your table to add display pieces, and in the interest of keeping the section looking clean and cohesive, we ask that you do not hang banners or signage on the front of or behind the table.
See below for a diagram with measurements.
The New In Business Section will include complimentary overhead lighting and electrical (one high bay overhead light and one electrical outlet will be provided for each vendor)
To prepare for the show you will also need to do the following:
- Return your signed contract
- Watch the Exhibitor Welcome Video
- Catch up on the Exhibitor Newsletters
- Review upcoming competitions and awards
- The Colouring Wall Design Contest Closes March 6, 2023
- Enter the Sunny Theme Competition before the March 17th deadline.
- Update your Artisan Profile in the Maker Directory.
- Once your contract has been signed, your artisan profile will be live in the Maker Directory within 3 business days. You will need to follow the instructions on this page to add a photo, product type, links to your socials and bio.
- Assign your Exhibitor Badges and Complimentary tickets.
- Make your travel plans
- Order any additional show services you may need like Storage or Parking Passes
- Sign your Health & Safety Declaration Form
- Read up on Move-in (below and here)
- And finally, we know that it can be tiring to be on your feet throughout the show, but as this is a cozy space, we suggest you bring a small stool--like this one from Ikea for only $14.00--to help give your feet a break.
Need some ideas for putting together your display? Check out our Pinterest Board of tabletop displays from shows past or scan through our general booth design tips for any helpful ideas that you might be able to use.
Move-in for the Spring Show is scheduled to accommodate the move-out of another show just before us. So each exhibitor is assigned a specific move-in offloading date and time. Since Vista is a tabletop section and less involved than move-in for a full booth, the allotted time for this section falls on the second day (Tuesday, March 28) in the second half of the day (from 1-10 pm). It's always best to do a dry run to ensure you have all the supplies and display pieces you need for a smooth set-up.
Where Do You Go from Here?
As a One Of A Kind exhibitor, you will have the option to save yourself a spot in next year's Spring Show, known as "Re-Sign". This information will be released later in March. As a New In Business exhibitor, you have lots of options for growing with One Of A Kind.
- Check out our popular tabletop Marketplace Section.
- Ready for a little more space? Join our Rising Stars section and request space by the square foot to create a freestanding display that is all your own!
- Find a friend in the section or on your show circuit, and apply to share a 10x10 booth with a buddy in our Booth Share program.
- Ready for a full booth? Sometimes it only takes one show to know you are ready to graduate to a full booth. Start building a booth that customers will recognize and flock to see your latest work and stock up on their favourites each year!
- Interested in joining us in Winter? You can submit a VIP application to be considered for our upcoming Winter Show.
Still have questions? Please send us an email; we'd be happy to help!
Otherwise, we look forward to meeting you at the show!