Booth Sales Guidelines
- Exhibitors and their staff may not solicit from the aisles.
- Sales are not allowed during set-up, tear-down or outside show hours.
- All demonstrations and distribution of promotional materials must be confined to your contracted booth space.
- Exhibits including the operation of musical equipment, radios, sound or motion picture equipment, public address systems or any noise making devices will not be permitted without written approval from Show Management.
Contact Valerie Roy in writing at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Food Selling & Sampling Guidelines
Important information regarding food sales and sampling coming soon
Spectra Food Sales Agreement MANDATORY - Flavours Section Only (coming soon)Deadline: tba
Gift Basket Policy
We would like to remind exhibitors at the One Of A Kind Show that the main focus of the show is to showcase the exhibitors and their work. We believe gift baskets make excellent gift ideas; however, at the show, we want the gift baskets to feature exhibitor product. For this reason, we have compiled a list of requirements for any exhibitor who would like to sell gift baskets at the show.
The container can be any material, however we would prefer that you support the fellow artisans and use product from other exhibitors in the show.
One additional item may be included in the gift basket that is not your product. This item must be supplied from an exhibitor at the show, if available. For example, if you would like to include a ceramic dish, it must be from an exhibitor at the show.
If you are a part of the Flavours category and you would like to include other food products in your gift basket, they must be from another exhibitor at the show, whenever available.
HST (Harmonized Sales Tax)
If your business has made over $30,000 over four consecutive quarters, you are required to collect and remit 13% HST of the selling price of your products. To collect HST, you must be registered with the government.
If you do not have an HST number, you can register for one by visiting the Canada Revenue Agency website..
Residents of other provinces can call 1-800-959-5525, if they have any questions regarding collecting taxes.
- You must have your HST number available, should the customer or a tax official request to see it.
- While some of you may be HST exempt, signs declaring "NO HST" are NOT permitted.
- The requirements for charging HST can be confusing to consumers, who may not know that different rules can apply. If this is something you are concerned about, we suggest that you prepare a small sign or one-liner that shares why you do or do not charge HST.
If you wish to order and customize additional shopping bags for your own company, contact the suppliers listed below for more information (each of these suppliers provide reusable packaging options).
(not open to the public; you must bring your business license and vendor permit where applicable.)
20 Tangiers Rd., Toronto, ON
Tel. 416-638-1221 or 1-888-588-2725
1100 Lodestar Rd., Unit 1, Toronto, ON
Tel. 416-631-6444 or 1-800-263-1418
To further reduce the use of traditional plastic bags, please ask your customers if they need a bag before giving one out.
Upholstered & Stuffed Product
If you are a vendor of upholstered and stuffed articles (pillows and stuffed toys etc.) certain government regulations apply to you.
As of July 1, 2019, the Government of Ontario approved the revocation of the Upholstered and Stuffed Articles regulation under the Technical Standards and Safety Act, 2000. This means that The Upholstered and Stuffed Articles Program for Home Hobby/Craft Operators application no longer exists. However, upholstered and stuffed articles sold in Ontario continue to be subject to applicable federal legislation including the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act and the Textile Labelling Act. Ensure you are compliant by visiting this website for more information: https://www.tssa.org/en/upholstered-stuffed-articles/upholstered-and-stuffed-articles.aspx
The following systems are favoured by exhibitors:
Need Square Support during OOAK?
There are a few things you can do to get the Square support answers you need during OOAK. Before you start the show, make sure you are running the most current version of the Square app. To help you during the show, here are a few things you can do to get support:
- Most questions can be answered on the Square support page, simply go to square.ca/support and type your question into the search bar. There are a number of helpful articles with step by step instructions and videos.
- Here are some quick links for common troubleshooting questions:
- Ask your neighbour or ask the question in the OOAK vendor Facebook group.
- Monday - Friday 9 am - 9 pm EST you can call in at 1-855-809-9000
- You can reach out to @SqSupportCa through a direct message on Twitter and Facebook, note customer support is NOT available on Instagram. This is the best channel for weekend support.
Click here for more information about the Square Reader for contactless chip and pin.