WELCOME TO THE MARKETPLACE
Welcome to the Marketplace class of #ooak24!
We're so excited to have you in this newly updated popular tabletop section! This is an excellent place for new artisans to build the brand recognition and audience that will set you up for a long and successful One Of A Kind career, so let's get down to the logistics that will help you make the most of your Marketplace experience.
Building a well-merchandised table display is key to distinguishing your brand and products in this bustling section. When creating your display, it is important to remember that it must remain on the top of the table surface (see the diagram below for measurements). You will not have room behind or in front of your table to add display pieces, and in the interest of keeping the section looking clean and cohesive, we ask that you do not hang banners or signage on the front of or behind the display.
Height is your best friend when it comes to showcasing as much of your work as possible. Just remember to be mindful of your neighbours and leave yourself some room to interact with customers from behind the table.
The Marketplace will include overhead lighting, but if you have smaller pieces or display furniture that will cast shadows, it is best to plan to have extra lighting. You can rent lighting from our onsite provider, ShowTech, or you can bring your own. To power your lights, you will need to order electricity.
And finally, we know that it can be tiring to be on your feet throughout the show, but as this is a cozy space, we suggest you bring a small stool--like this one from Ikea for only $12.99--to help give your feet a break.
Need some ideas for putting together your display? Check out our Pinterest Board of tabletop displays from shows pasts or scan through our general booth design tips for any helpful ideas that you might be able to use.
Move-in for the Spring Show is scheduled to accommodate the move-out of another show just before us. So each exhibitor is assigned a specific move-in offloading date and time.
Since Marketplace is a tabletop section and less involved than move-in for a full booth, the allotted time for this section typically falls of the second day (Tuesday, March 26, 2024) in the second half of the day. It's always best to do a dry run to ensure you have all the supplies and display pieces you need for a smooth set-up.
Your move-in date and time will be confirmed in February after Booth Numbers have gone live.
Where Do You Go from Here?
As a One Of A Kind exhibitor, you can secure a spot in next year's Spring Show through our "Re-Sign" process. And as a Marketplace exhibitor, you have many options for growing with One Of A Kind.
- Ready for a little more space? Join our Rising Stars section and request space by the square foot to create a freestanding display that is all your own!
- Find a friend in the section or on your show circuit, and apply to share a 10x10 booth with a buddy in our Booth Share program.
- Ready for a full booth? Sometimes it only takes one show to know you are ready to graduate to a full booth. Start building a booth that customers will recognize and flock to see your latest work and stock up on their favourites each year!
- Interested in joining us in Winter? You can submit a VIP application to be considered for our upcoming Winter Show.
Still have questions about the Marketplace?
- If you have questions about your contract, payments, or anything else, please send us an email; we'd be happy to help!
Otherwise, we look forward to meeting you at the show!