Boost your presence at Winter
Make the most of every opportunity--and even earn some extra cash--during your time at One Of A Kind! Below you will find some ways to increase your exposure and return on investment at the show.
Keep an eye on your emails and our Awards and Contests page for additional ways to get involved and win.
One Of A Kind Theme Competition
We know our show requires a lot of logistical preparations, but we want you to have the chance to flex your creative muscles too! So, each year, we challenge exhibitors to create a one-of-a-kind piece in their medium that represents the show's competition theme. We display the entries in the Centre Aisle to give you extra exposure at the show entrance, and a panel of special judges select three winners who will receive cash prizes for their hard work and creativity, and our visitors will select a fourth winner for the People's Choice award!
1st: $500, 2nd: $300, 3rd: $200, People's Choice: $200
Read on below for the prompt of the 2023 One Of A Kind Winter Show theme competition.
- You will be required to register your entry with a form by the deadline, and drop your submission off during designated times at move-in.
- Check out our Theme Competition Pinterest Board to see past competition theme displays and entries.
- Theme Competition Entry Deadline: Friday, November 10, 2023.
2023 Winter Show Theme Competition Prompt: "Evergreen"
Attention all makers! We invite you to kindle the fire of creativity and submit one captivating creation in your medium in the theme of "Evergreen”. This timeless and enchanting concept evokes images of everlasting beauty and eternal renewal. It invites you to delve into the rich tapestry of winter and explore the depths of nature, emotions, and human experiences.
"Evergreen” serves as a powerful reminder of the cyclical nature of life and the resilience found in the natural world. In the realm of nature, it refers to the steadfastness of certain trees and plants that retain their vibrant green foliage throughout the year, symbolizing resilience and endurance.
Furthermore, "Evergreen” extends beyond the botanical world to embody everlasting qualities in relationships and emotions. Just as evergreen trees retain their greenery, our enduring connections and profound emotions can withstand the test of time, remaining fresh and alive even in the face of life's inevitable challenges.
Expressions of the theme would include use of botanical evergreen plant and tree images, scents, colours, tied in if applicable to the larger theme of lasting human connections that manifest during the winter holiday season.
Let your creativity flourish and share your interpretation of "Evergreen” with us!
One Of A Kind Fashion Shows
Our fashion shows highlight the works of our talented clothing, textile, and accessories designers. We are excited to welcome back Erika Larva of Monarch Events Group, where she will be curating daily fashion shows filled with One Of A Kind fashions.
- Exhibitors can submit a maximum of 4 pieces for the fashion shows; the fashion show team will select 1-2 per exhibitor.
- To participate, simply pre-package and load your fashion show submissions so that they are the first to be unloaded when you get onsite. Then, drop them off to the Fashion Show coordinators in the designated spot during move-in.
- Products will be returned to you after the last fashion show they are featured in.
For questions, please email Erika Larva of March Events Group Inc.
One Of A Kind Canvas Design Opportunities
Introducing One Of A Kind Canvas, a new initiative at the Show where we integrate your design as a part of the show décor. This is a great opportunity for you to make the most of your time at the show, showcase your brand personality, and elevate your presence with added exposure!
There will be three opportunities for you to leave your creative mark at the Winter Show this year. Read on to find out how you can be a part of this initiative and bring your design to the forefront of the One Of A Kind audience.
Colouring Wall Design Competition
Colouring Wall Design Competition
Best Booth Awards
Our Best Booth Awards go out to exhibitors who go the extra mile when putting together their display! Judged by visual merchandising expert Ani Nersessian of VM ID, each booth is reviewed to consider these basic criteria:
- Good Lighting: We cannot stress enough how essential proper lighting is to an effective booth display. Dim booths stand out in the aisles--and not in a good way! Make sure your booth is bright and puts the focus on your beautiful work.
- Clear Branding: You have the width of your booth to capture passing shoppers' attention--make sure you have clear signage and a well-designed space so that they can easily find you from the aisles.
- Good Use of Space: Is your booth easy to enter? Engaging? Well merchandised? Consider how your customers will interact in the space--ex. if you sell children's clothes, make sure you have room for moms with strollers.
- Creativity: This is what we're all here for, so show us your personality! Customers should get a sense of your brand and personality just from a glance at your space, whether it is through signage, colours, merchandising or display structures.
There is no need to enter--you are eligible for our Best Booth Awards just by exhibiting in the show. Winners will be announced in the onsite newsletter and on social media, plus our judge will provide a detailed breakdown of why each winner was selected.
Our expert judge will select winners in five different categories based on booth size/show duration:
- Heavyweight (150 sq feet and up): $600 + preferred placement in next year's show
- Middleweight (75 and 100 sq ft): $400 + preferred placement in next year's show
- Featherweight (50 sq ft): $300 + preferred placement in next year's show
- Rookie of the Year (Rising Stars): $250 + preferred placement in next year's show
- 6-Day (any size): $200 + preferred placement in next year's show
NEED SOME HELP GETTING STARTED?
- Check out our Best Booth Pinterest page to be inspired by past winners.
- Read through our page on Booth Design
- Familiarize yourself with our past winners
- Read the tips from our veterans on this thread on the On My Way to OOAK Facebook group.
- Watch Ani break down previous best booth displays and the biggest booth mistakes.